|Home||Next Up at City Council||Coming Down the Pike||What Happened?||Meet the Team||Contact Us||Blog||Calendar||Links|
We want to hear from you!
If you need help and you're not sure your concern is with my bureaus - the Portland Water Bureau, the Office of Equity and Human Rights, the Bureau of Environmental Services, Portland Parks & Recreation or Open and Accountable Elections, please call 503-823-4000 so that the City's Information and Referral experts can connect you with the right person to help in any City, County, or Prosper Portland (formerly Portland Development Commission) department.
If you'd like to schedule an appointment to talk with me, or to invite me to a virtual community event, please call my Executive Assistant MeeSeon Kwon at 503-823-4124, or email her. Please note that if the topic you want to talk about is within the bureau assignments of another member of the Council, my staff will ask that you talk with the decision-maker or his staff first.
I rely on my staff to process requests and brief me, often before you meet with me. Meeting with staff can often be a quicker way to get your needs met, and allows for longer, more in-depth discussions on issues that are complex and/or have many participants. If you need to bring an issue to my attention quickly, please call one of my staff and ask to meet with him/her. Phone numbers and assignment areas are on the Meet the Team page of this site.
The engagements I list below are the meetings and events MeeSeon and I have planned for this week, other than routine meetings with City staff, and time set aside for taking care of constituent issues by phone/email from isolation at home. I list all community events I attend, any interactions with elected officials and Bureau Directors, and meetings/phone calls with constituents (some of whom are registered lobbyists, and some of whom are journalists). There are often multiple changes over the course of the week, as meetings and events are added or canceled. The updated final calendars are linked in the column on the right.
Week of 11/16/20 - 11/22/20
* Susan Mottet, Open & Accountable Elections (OAE) Director (30 minutes, 11/16)
* Gabriel Solmer, Portland Water Bureau (PWB) Director (1 hour, 11/16)
* Adena Long, Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) Director (1 hour, 11/16)
* City Council & Bureau of Human Resources (BHR) Executive work session Tuesday morning ( 11/17)
* Cyrus Farivar, NBC Universal Reporter (10 minutes, 11/17)
* Dr. Markisha Smith, Office of Equity & Human Rights (OEHR) Director (1 hour, 11/17)
* Michael Jordan, Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) Director (1 hour, 11/17)
* Centennial Community Association (CCA) general meeting Tuesday evening (15 minutes, 11/17)
* City Council hearing Wednesday morning (11/18)
* League of Oregon Cities (LOC) Elected Essentials recording session (30 minutes, 11/18)
* November Disaster Policy Council (1.5 hours, 11/19)
* City Council work session Thursday afternoon (11/19)
* Jessica Kinard, City Budget Office (CBO) Director (30 minutes, 11/20)
* Commissioner Ryan (30 minutes, 11/20)