|Home||Next Up at City Council||Coming Down the Pike||What Happened?||Meet the Team||Contact Us||Blog||Calendar||Links|
If you need help and you're not sure your concern is with my bureaus the Portland Water Bureau, the Office of Equity and Human Rights, or Open and Accountable Elections, please call 503-823-4000 so that the City's Information and Referral experts can connect you with the right person to help in any City, County, or Prosper Portland (formerly Portland Development Commission) department.
If you'd like to schedule an appointment to meet with me, or to invite me to a community event, please call my Executive Assistant MeeSeon Kwon at 503-823-4124, or email her. Every Portlander (and some folks from outside Portland, but Portlanders get priority) has access to meet with me. My scheduler saves two half hours every week for anyone to schedule an appointment to come into my office to talk with me. It can be for a school group, a personal meeting, a group presentation, or pretty much whatever you want to do in spending 30 minutes with me. The time reserved for constituent meetings is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The slots often fill up weeks or even months in advance, but everyone gets a turn. Please note that if the topic you want to talk about is within the bureau assignments of another member of the Council, my staff will ask that you talk with the decision-maker or his staff first.
I rely on my staff to process requests and brief me, often before you meet with me. Meeting with staff can often be a quicker way to get your needs met, and allows for longer, more in-depth discussions on issues that are complex and/or have many participants. If you need to bring an issue to my attention quickly, please call one of my staff and ask to meet with him/her. Call 503-823-3008, if you're not sure who to call.
The City of Portland is a fragrance free workplace. We ask employees and visitors to refrain from using added fragrances when you will be in City workspaces, to help those with fragrance allergies be able to breathe. Your thoughtful assistance with this request will mean I will be able to focus on your policy concerns when I meet with you.
The engagements I list below are the meetings and events MeeSeon and I have planned for this week, other than routine meetings with City staff, and time set aside for taking care of constituent issues by phone/email/in-person conversations in my office and around City Hall. I list all community events I attend, any interactions with elected officials and Bureau Directors, and meetings/phone calls with constituents (some of whom are registered lobbyists, and some of whom are journalists). There are often multiple changes over the course of the week, as meetings and events are added or canceled. The updated final calendars are linked in the column on the right.
Week of 12/9/19 - 12/15/19
* Commissioner Eudaly (30 minutes, 12/9)
* Susan Mottet, Open & Accountable Elections (OAE) Director (30 minutes, 12/9)
* Donna Silverberg, consultant (30 minutes, 12/9)
* Multnomah County Commissioner Sharon Meieran (2 hours, 12/9)
* Andrea Durbin, Bureau of Planning & Sustainability (BPS) Director (1 hour, 12/10)
* Elizabeth Edwards, Office of Government Relations (OGR) Director (30 minutes, 12/10)
* Dr. Markisha Smith, Office of Equity & Human Rights (OEHR) Director (1 hour, 12/10)
* John Washington, Soul District Business Association Chair, constituent (30 minutes, 12/10)
* City Council hearings Wednesday morning and afternoon, and Thursday afternoon (12/11; 12/12)
* Portland Human Rights Commission Emily G. Gottfried Human Rights Awards (1 hour, 12/11)
* Metro Policy Advisory Committee (MPAC) Wednesday evening (2 hours, 12/11)
* Daily Journal of Commerce (DJC) Oregon Phenoms & Icons awarding honor to Michael Stuhr, Portland Water Bureau (PWB) Director (1 hour, 12/12)
* Visitors Development Fund (VDF) Board meeting (1 hour, 12/13)
* Kimberly Branam, Prosper Portland Executive Director (1 hour, 12/13)
* League of Oregon Cities (LOC) Equity & Inclusion Committee meeting (1 hour, 12/13)
* Portland Business Alliance (PBA) (1 hour, 12/13)
* PBA annual holiday open house (30 minutes, 12/13)
* Chris Warner, Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) Director (1 hour, 12/13)