Social distancing is crucial for this result and for keeping seniors, people with behavioral or chronic health conditions, people with disabilities, prisoners, immigrants who may be fearful of seeking care, and people experiencing homelessness healthy during this critical time. Children must even avoid outside play dates where they will be close to others, as they can act as carriers.
For those who don’t have the option to stay home -- front-line health care workers and first responders, social workers, shelter providers and staff, grocery store workers, agriculture workers, pharmacists, customer service staff helping folks with questions and concerns about bills and payments, and others – I am forever grateful and indebted to you for your service. Thank you. #pdxCOVID19 #WeGotThisPDX
While policy concerning public relief develops at the Local, State and Federal Levels, please explore the following resources for updates:
• Multnomah County – all the latest COVID-19 information, also translated to 6 different languages - https://multco.us/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
• The Oregon Health Authority - https://govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html…
• Community Resources for Food - https://beta.portland.gov/…/2…/3/18/community-resources-food
• Fred Meyer is providing free pickup and Walgreens is giving free delivery, are two resources I’m aware of. While some stores are hosting special hours for vulnerable people, no in-person shopping is safe. If you consider yourself vulnerable or know someone who is, ask a non-vulnerable neighbor or friend to pick up for folks who can’t drive.
• Supporting Others Who are Vulnerable during COVID-19 - https://www.portlandoregon.gov/article/757041
• COVID-19 business layoffs, closures, and unemployment insurance benefits - https://www.oregon.gov/employ/Pages/COVID-19.aspx
• 211Info: Call 2-1-1 from a cell, 503-222-5555 from a land line - https://www.211info.org/
• Information related to the city’s efforts on COVID-19 - https://beta.portland.gov/wheeler/covid-19-information