Over the past several months, the City Budget Office has been working with representatives throughout the City of Portland on a new citywide initiative called the Portland Community Insights Survey. This survey is a redesign of the Community Survey conducted by the Auditor’s Office until 2016 and is meant to provide City Bureaus and City Council with actionable insights to help inform budgeting and policy decisions.
This survey will give us the opportunity to hear from people who rely on us each day to make sure Portland is a great place to live. It includes questions on policy and budget priorities, satisfaction with services, ideas for improvement, and service usage patterns. Insights fromthese responses will help us build a stronger, more equitable city.
Please share the survey link as widely as possible and encourage those in your respective networks to make their voices heard:
- The survey will remain open through May 28th.
- In addition to the online survey, we have a team of student and community leaders conducting in-person canvassing of the survey in underrepresented communities. If you see them in bright blue Community Data Fellows t-shirts – please stop for a chat!
- The survey is available online in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Russian.
- The survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
- The survey is opt-in and available to anyone who lives, works, and/or plays in the City of Portland.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Shannon Carney at Shannon.Carney@portlandoregon.gov. Thank you in advance for your support with this important initiative.