1/2/09 - 1/9/09:
* I met with multiple people streaming through my office at the Open House on Monday 1/5, and of course with hundreds more at my swearing-in on 1/3. No private conversations at those events.
* I met with City staff on the Rivers, Legislative, Human Relations, Neighborhood Involvement, and Cable areas of my portfolio.
* I talked with the Auditor and his staff, and 1:1 with each Commissioner and the Mayor's chief of staff, about the Special Election and Public Campaign Financing for it. I talked with Citizen Campaign Commission chair Leslie Hildula in preparation for attending their meeting on Monday.
* I and my staff received information from several sides of the Division Street zoning issue. Everyone we talked with gave the same information in person at the public hearing before Council on Wednesday, and/or the communications and responses are entered in the City's tracking system. I met with Linda Nettekoven of the Hosford-Abernethy neighborhood, read a detailed briefing packet from Stan Amy and Neel Pender, and talked with Forrest Hoffer.
* Representatives from AFSCME, Laborers 483, and Sisters of the Road stopped by my office briefly.
* I met with Commissioner Saltzman to discuss working together on overlapping responsibilities in our portfolios