Hello and welcome to the Portland Climate Action Now! website – a great source for inspiration, resources and updates to help you take steps to protect our climate.
The choices we make everyday about food, heating and powering our homes, getting around and buying and disposing of stuff make up more than half of all local carbon emissions.
The good news is, making choices that protect the climate makes sense in our everyday lives. These choices help us save money, be healthy, support our local economy and connect with family, friends and community.
We intend to use this website to share information, ideas and tools on carbon reducing actions in four primary topic areas:
- Healthy Home – including home energy use, weatherization, renewables, water conservation and landscaping.
- Getting Around – including walking, biking, transit, carpooling, fuel efficiency and alternative fuels.
- Your Stuff – including waste reduction, recycling, composting and thoughtful consumption.
- Food Choices – including low-carbon food choices, gardening and eating local.
We plan to post to this blog every week, so subscribe to the RSS feed to receive notification of new entries as they are posted.
We look forward to the conversation! Together we can make a difference.
- Michele Crim | Climate Action Now! Project Manager
Please review our Code of Conduct rules before posting a comment to this site. Your comment will be visible to site administrators only.