St Johns is located in North Portland on the tip of the peninsula formed by the confluence of the Willamette and Columbia Rivers.
St. Johns is named in honor of settler James John, who laid out the original eight block town site in 1865.
The site eventually became a rival to other Willamette River townsites vying to become the Head of Navigation on the upper Willamette. St. Johns was originally a separate incorporated city, annexed by Portland in 1915.
Find information such as area parks, schools, planned projects, zoning information, aerial maps and much more on PortlandMaps.com
These “Neighborhood Pages” serve as a portal to information for individual neighborhoods from a variety of sources.The photo and description of the neighborhood were pulled from a variety of sources including neighborhood websites, portlandneighborhood.com, wikipedia sites and the ONI Webmaster's brain.We would love to get input from the neighborhoods themselves for these descriptions as well as ideas for photos that best represent your neighborhood.Any input will be gladly excepted by the ONI Web Administrator.
* Link to PortlandMaps data shows data from within 1/2 mile of the selected central address of the designated neighborhood.
** Link to PortlandMaps data shows data from within 1 mile of the selected central address of teh designated neighborhood.