Bureau Advisory Committee
- To increase citizen involvement in the management of the City's resources;
- To gain an understanding of City bureaus and the relationship between those bureaus and the needs of the individuals who access the services of city bureaus;
- To provide recommendations to bureaus regarding goals, priorities, policies and budgets.
The Employee Bureau Advisory Committee (EMBAC)
- To recommend policy direction for ONI and the city council by:
- identifying and discussing ONI policies, as well as citywide issues;
- identifying and discussing activities and projects in which ONI is involved;
- reviewing current service levels and determining if they should be continued or changed, including the allocation of limited resources and program cuts.
- To contribute to the presentation of a budget that is responsive to citizen needs by:
- identifying the ONI's objectives and prioritizing budget items that needs funding;
- obtaining citizen input about budget and policy items through review of citizen surveys and meeting;
- establishing and representing the community's priorities for ONI;
- reviewing the current budget to determine if expenses and income levels are over or under the budgeted amounts.
- To increase citizen access to the ONI budget process by:
- increasing citizen participation in the management of city resources;
- providing a strong communication link between the citizens and elected officials and their staffs.
was folded into the larger Bureau Advisory Committee (BAC) in 06-07 budget development process