The Office of Healthy Working Rivers, in collaboration with other City programs, government partners, Neighborhood Associations, and stakeholders will be a catalyst for on-the-ground actions that support the City’s river goals.
In January 2009, City Council established the "Rivers Office" to bring a new focus to advancing the City’s river goals of achieving:
- a clean and healthy river,
- a prosperous working harbor,
- increased awareness of the river,
- a vibrant waterfront, and
- successful partnerships to implement river projects.
The Office provides leadership to promote the economic, transportation, ecological, and recreational roles of the Willamette and Columbia Rivers. See the Office's most recent annual report here.