||Friday, December 6 2013 @ 9:00 AM
| Event Types > Community Events
HIGH PERFORMANCE BUILDING ENVELOPES COURSE
When Dec 06, 2013 09:00 AM to Dec 07, 2013 05:00 PM
Where Earth Advantage Institute - 623 SW Oak St., Suite 300, Portland, OR 97205
Contact Name Ryan Harper LaPoma
Earn CCB CORE codes credits before the 2014 CE requirements change & prices increase!
The concepts behind high performance wall and roof construction are now within the reach of all designers, architects, builders, and remodelers.
Explore various strategies to design and build energy-efficient wall and roof assemblies. Participants will learn principles that can be applied to existing homes and new construction projects, including durable wall design, insulation strategies and air sealing, product selection, and construction.
- ·Day 1: Guest speaker presentation
- ·Day 2: Two site visits to certified green homes
- ·Explore various high performance wall and roof assemblies, including continuous exterior insulation, truss walls, double-stud walls, SIPS, staggered stud framing, I-joist, and more
- ·Describe high performance building methods for insulation, air sealing, and weatherization
- ·Select appropriate design features and assemblies according to project objectives
- ·List methods for building high performance roofs for both new and existing homes
- ·Identify when and by whom these methods are used during the pre-insulation, post-drywall, and siding installation phases of construction
- ·Explain the importance of performance testing and diagnostics to verify the performance of installed equipment and the home’s envelope
- CCB: 2 core hours (codes) and 12 elective hours
- AIA: 14 learning units LU/HSW
- BPI: 7 continuing education units
- OR Real Estate Agency: 14 hours