The 2013 Legislature convenes Feb. 4 at the Capitol in Salem. And the city of Portland will be on hand with throughout the session with a list of top priorities.
People can find the list by clicking here.
The city’s priorities for this session include:
• Improving funding for Pre K-12 Education
• Public safety budgeting and the Mental Health Care Crisis
• 911 emergency communications funding
• Preemptions of local government authority
• Removing barriers to housing choice
• Property tax reform
• Support for rural communities
• Gun safety
You can learn more about the Legislature, and about state government in general, by clocking here
The Oregonian's Janie Har offers a good recap of the leadership in the 2013 Legislature.
Leaders include two womenlawmakers from Portland: Diane Rosenbaum, Senate Majority Leader; and Tina Kotek, Speaker of the House.
If you want to find out who your lawmakers are, go to the Legislature's website and click on "Find Your Legislator."