|Home||Next Up at City Council||Coming Down the Pike||What Happened?||Meet the Team||Contact Us||Blog||Calendar||Links||Sick Time|
If you need help and you're not sure your concern is with my bureau Portland Parks & Recreation, please call 503-823-4000 and the Information and Referral experts in the Office of Neighborhood Involvement will connect you with the right person to help in any City, County, or Portland Development Commission department.
If you'd like to schedule an appointment to meet with me, or to invite me to a community event, please call my Executive Assistant Goldann at 503-823-4124, or email her. The time reserved for constituent meetings is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The slots often fill up weeks or even months in advance, but everyone gets a turn. Every Portlander (and some folks from outside Portland, but Portlanders get priority) has access to meet with me. My scheduler, Goldann, saves two half hours every week for anyone to schedule an appointment to come into my office to talk with me. It can be for a school group, a personal meeting, a group presentation, or pretty much whatever you want to do in spending 30 minutes with me. Please note that if the topic you want to talk about is within the bureau assignments of another member of the Council, my staff will ask that you talk with the decision-maker or his staff first.
I rely on my staff to process requests and brief me, often before you meet with me. Meeting with staff can often be a quicker way to get your needs met, and allows for longer, more in-depth discussions on issues that are complex and/or have many participants. If you need to bring an issue to my attention quickly, please call one of my staff and ask to meet with him/her. Call Janine at the front desk, 503-823-3008, if you're not sure who to call.
The City of Portland is a fragrance free workplace. We ask employees and visitors to refrain from using added fragrances when you will be in City workspaces, to help those with fragrance allergies be able to breathe. Your thoughtful assistance with this request will mean I will be able to focus on your policy concerns when I meet with you.
The engagements I list below are the meetings and events Goldann and I have planned for this week, other than routine meetings with City staff, and time set aside for taking care of constituent issues by phone/email/in-person conversations in my office and around City Hall. I list all community events I attend, any interactions with elected officials and Bureau Directors, and meetings/phone calls with constituents (some of whom are registered lobbyists, and some of whom are journalists). There are often multiple changes over the course of the week, as meetings and events are added or canceled. The updated/final lists for past weeks are posted in the links in the right sidebar.
Week of 09/18/17 - 9/24/17
* Brad Taylor, constituent re: mental health services (30 minutes, 9/18)
* Beth Vargas Duncan, Regional Director of the Oregon Refuse and Recycling Association (30 minutes, 9/18)
* Commissioner Eudaly (1 hour, 9/18)
* City Council Executive Session re: Union Bargaining (1.5 hours, 9/19)
* "We are Recreation" Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) Annual Training (30 minutes, 9/19)
* Mayor Wheeler (30 minutes, 9/19)
* Rob Martineau, Oregon Association of Federal, State, County and Municipal Employees union (AFSCME) (30 minutes, 9/19)
* Leah Treat, Director of the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) (30 minutes, 9/19)
* Portland City Council Wednesday all day and Thursday afternoon sessions (9/20 - 9/21)
* Tom Rinehart, Director of the Office of Management and Finance (OMF) (30 minutes, 9/19)
* Oregon Rail Heritage Center 5th anniversary event (2 hours, 9/20)
* Anna Kanwit, Director of the Bureau of Human Resources (BHR) (30 minutes, 9/21)
* Felicia Heaton and Marc Ferrar, Comcast re: Investements/Partnerships/Sponsorships
* Tom Colett, Lead Organizer of Laborers International Union of North America (LiUNA) Local 483 (30 minutes, 9/22)
* Dante James, Director of the Office of Equity & Human Rights (OEHR) (30 minutes, 9/22)
* Latino Network Noche Bella Annual Dinner (1 hour, 9/22)
* Portland Parks Foundation Annual Picnic in the Park event (1 hour, 9/24)