|Home||Next Up at City Council||Coming Down the Pike||What Happened?||Meet the Team||Contact Us||Blog||Calendar||Links||Sick Time|
If you'd like to schedule an appointment to meet with me, or to invite me to a community event, please call Cristina at 503-823-4124, or email her. The time reserved for constituent meetings is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The slots often fill up weeks or even months in advance, but everyone gets a turn. Every Portlander (and some folks from outside Portland, but Portlanders get priority) has access to meet with me. My scheduler, Cristina, saves two half hours every week for anyone to schedule an appointment to come into my office to talk with me. It can be for a school group, a personal meeting, a group presentation, or pretty much whatever you want to do in spending 30 minutes with me.
If you need to bring an issue to my attention more quickly, please call one of my staff and ask to meet with him/her. Call Jasmine at the front desk, 503-823-3008, if you're not sure who to call. I rely on my staff to process requests and brief me, whether or not you meet with me. Meeting with staff can often be a quicker way to get your needs met, and allows for longer, more in-depth discussions on issues that are complex and/or have many participants.
Remember, if you need help and you're not sure your concern is with one of my bureaus, call 503-823-4000 and the Information and Referral experts in the Office of Neighborhood Involvement will connect you with the right person to help in any City, County, or Portland Development Commission department.
The City of Portland is a fragrance free workplace. We ask employees and visitors to refrain from using added fragrances when you will be in City workspaces, to help those with fragrance allergies be able to breathe. Your thoughtful assistance with this request will mean I will be able to focus on your policy concerns when I meet with you.
The engagements I list below are the meetings and events Cristina and I have planned for this week, other than routine meetings with my office staff, and time set aside for taking care of constituent issues by phone/email/in-person conversations in my office and around City Hall. There are often multiple changes over the course of the week, as meetings and events are added or canceled. The updated/final lists for past weeks are posted in the links in the right sidebar.
Week of 9/1/14 - 9/7/14
* NorthWest Labor Council Labor Day Picnic
* Right to Dream Too
* Representatives from Friends of Mt. Tabor Park
* Representatives from the Portland Development Commission
* Mayor Hales
* Department of Justice Settlement Compliance Officer/Community Liaison Hiring Process Planning Committee meeting
* City Council hearings Wednesday morning and afternoon
* Portland Community College "Future Connect" Award Ceremony
* Isham Harris; constituent meeting
* Mike Abbaté, Director of Portland Parks and Recreation
* Hispanic Chamber Heritage Celebration Dinner
* Elizabeth Caruthers Park Movie in the Park
* Director Park Movie in the Park
* Benjamin Soskis interview for The Chronicle of Philanthropy