Get Ready for the 2017 State Legislative Session!
Thursday, December 1, 2016
6:00 to 8:45 p.m.
5441 SE Belmont St.
Legislative Advocacy 101 Panel: 6 PM – 7:35 PM
This “Advocacy 101” event will provide community members with tips on how to be an effective advocate for your community or neighborhood during this upcoming 2017 state legislative session. A panel of elected officials and professional advocates will share their advice and answer questions about how the community can make an impact on public policy at the state level.
- Martha Pellegrino, Director, Office of Government Relations
- Karmen Fore, Transportation and Sustainable Communities & Transportation Policy Advisor, Office of Governor Brown
- Representative Lew Frederick (HD 43)
- Andrea Miller, Executive Director of Causa and Fair Shot Coalition member
- Invited - Representative Carla Piluso (HD 50)
Information you will gain from the panel:
- How to work effectively with legislators and their staff
- Strategies for mobilizing your base of membership or coalitions to maximize advocacy impact
- Lobbying do’s and don’ts
Legislative Agenda Community Forum: 7:35 PM – 8:45 PM
Commissioner Amanda Fritz invites you to participate in a Community Forum to give
your input into the City’s state legislative agenda.
Opportunity for interactive engagement with Commissioner Fritz:
- Overview and explanation of the City’s draft legislative priorities
- What are the issues your community is facing? What issues would you like to see advanced by the legislature?
- Group exercise to identify community and neighborhood priorities.
For more information or to address accessibility needs:
ASL Interpretation will be provided at this event. The City of Portland will make reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities and people needing assistance
with language interpretation and translation. Please notify us by Tuesday, November 22 if you need assistance.
PHONE: (503) 823-3093
TTY: (503) 823-6868
Oregon Relay Service at 711
The event is located on the #15 - Belmont/NW 23rd bus line and a few blocks from #71 – 60th Ave. www.trimet.org