Legislative Advocacy 101 Training
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Portland Building, 2nd floor auditorium
1120 SW 5th Ave., Portland
Don't miss the Legislative Advocacy 101 training! It is designed to give you the tools to be an effective advocate for you neighborhood and community needs during the 2013 State Legislative Session. The topics that will be covered include an overview of the State Legislature, the State legislative process, lobbying do's and don'ts, and community organizing strategies.
Information you will gain from the workshop:
- An understanding of the State Legislature
- The process for how a bill becomes a law
- Strategies for mobilizing your base of membership or coalitions to maximize advocacy impact
- How to build relationships with legislators and their staff
- Do's and don'ts for lobbying on all fronts - one-on-one visits, committee testimony, letters and phone calls
Staff Contact: Neighborhood Program Coordinator Jeri Williams, (503) 823-5827, email@example.com
Commissioner-in-Charge of the Office of Neighborhood Involvement: Commissioner Fritz