POL Government Elected Officials Commissioner Amanda Fritz Links
Information About Utility Poles

Though the City of Portland owns most street lights found on wooden poles, the utility companies, such as Portland General Electric, maintain the poles and many of the street lights on them.  Given the exact location, City staff at 503-865-5267 can identify the pole, and tell you who is responsible and process an outage notification to the utility.  
Outage Hotline: 503-865-5267, or email
Light Trespass Issues: 503-823-5179
24 Hour Emergency Number: 503-823-1700
  • Downtown city-owned poles (ornamental poles or cobrahead lights) - 
  • Engineering questions: Lisa Elbert, 503-823-5218
  • Knockdowns:  503-823-1700
  • Outages: 503-865-5267
  • Banner Permits:  Anne Hogan, 503-823-5292
PGE:  503-464-7777
  • Portland General Electric:  503-228-6322  ( including downed and damaged utility poles ) 
  • PGE Outage Line:  503-464-7777

Table of Contents
Amanda for Portland 2012
Amanda's old blog
American Sign Language interpetation for meetings
Apply for stormwater discounts for having/planting trees on your property
Capital Improvement Projects
City Budget Information
City Contacts
City of Portland Job Openings
Code Complaints
Community Garden toolkit
DOJ Community Oversight Advisory Board Applications Available Now
Email addresses of City Council members
Emergency information
Food Carts and other Vending Carts
Foreclosure help
Garbage containers in the Right-of-Way and in Parks
How to find out which Neighborhood you live in
How to find your State Senator and Representative
How to report potholes
How to report river/creek water quality concerns
Independent Police Review (IPR) process information
Information About Utility Poles
Land Use Reviews - a primer for neighborhood land use chairs
Liquor Licensed establishment complaints
Mental Health Care urgent care
Neighborhood Association contacts
Non-emergency Police Report form
Peak Oil Task Force Report
Report Parks facilities Needs
Reporting illegal dumping
Resources for Citizen Involvement
Sidewalk Cafe questions/complaints
Sidewalk Vending Cart Application Packet
Testimony Tips
Transportation and Street Services
Who does what in City Government