* I personally answered 5,247 constituent emails, one at a time
* My Constituent Services Specialist, Caitlin Lilly, responded to 1,546 computer-generated (hundreds all the same) emails on my behalf.
* I replied to 262 paper mailed letters from Portlanders
* My staff documented resolution of 375 telephone calls to our office
* We answered 31 inquiries submitted via this web site
* We solved problems for 37 citizens who came to our office as walk-ins
* I attended 391 community events
* We collected more than 1,000 pairs of socks, and more than 80 beanies, scarves and gloves, plus a waterproof coat and a nice pair of outdoor shoes, mostly from City employees, and delivered them to organizations supporting people experiencing homelessness
For my first three years in office,
* Of the 117 items I placed on the City Council Agenda, 116 passed unanimously.
* I personally answered 20,096 constituent emails, one at a time
* I responded to 937 paper mailed letters from Portlanders
* My staff documented resolution of 1,065 telephone calls to our office
* We answered 265 inquiries submitted via this web site
* We solved problems for 88 citizens who came to our office as walk-ins
* We gathered 3,143 pairs of socks, 47 blankets, 80+ hats/scarves/gloves, one coat, one pair of shoes, and 5 cans of soup, mostly donated by City employees (with great assistance in the sock category from the Sock It To Me local business), and passed them to organizations supporting people experiencing homelessness.
* I attended 971 community events, visiting in 92 of Portland's 95 Neighborhood Associations. (Note: the 971 number does not count campaign events connected to running for re-election). I will have re-visited all 95 neighborhoods in my role as City Commissioner in charge of the Office of Neighborhood Involvement, before the summer.
Since becoming engaged in Portland issues, I have participated in neighborhood-led hands-on volunteer service projects in 90 neighborhoods.
See previous reports from 2009 and 2010. Taxpayers are funding the work done by my staff and me, and I want you to know some of the objective measurements showing we have been working hard for you.