From the Portland Business Alliance, which sponsors the Clean and Safe program though fees collected by the downtown Business Improvement District:
Clean & Safe Security program
The Portland Timbers kicked off their much advertised soccer season with Clean & Safe directing fans to the stadium destination from the district. With an estimated 20,000 fans for each of the two games in the downtown area, Clean & Safe officers assisted fans with parking and directions. Officers said both events were successful and great for downtown.
Multnomah Animal Control teamed up with Clean & Safe police officers on April 13 for a dog control mission. In three hours, the four-person team contacted over 25 individuals and issued 16 citations for animal violations.
The Office of Neighborhood Involvement Graffiti Summit on April 19 was a great success and the Clean & Safe District was the recipient of a primary sponsor award for helping fund the summit.
Clean & Safe security patrols made 11,400 citizen contacts. These include:
- 3,577 business assists and referrals
- 5,072 pedestrian contacts
- 28 arrests by Clean & Safe police bicycle officers
- 55 exclusions
- 51 enforcement non arrest problem solving activities
Clean & Safe Cleaning Statistics
Clean & Safe Cleaning Statistics for the last 30 days:
- 1,775 bags of trash removed
- 3,605 graffiti tags removed
- 426 citizen cleaning responses
- 729 needles and items of drug paraphernalia removed
- 2,259 restroom inspections and cleanings
- 132 shopping carts returned