Ok, so it's April and the middle of my term was 01/01/11. Although the posting is tardy, the following provides some objective statistics on what I did in my first two years in office.
* I personally answered 7,945 constituent emails, one at a time
* I responded to 323 paper mailed letters from Portlanders
* My staff documented resolution of 449 telephone calls to our office
* We answered 201 inquiries submitted via this web site
* We solved problems for 32 citizens who came to our office as walk-ins
* We collected 563 pairs of socks to help people living outside
* I participated in every one of the 1757 items on the Portland City Council agendas, and took zero sick days
* I attended 294 community events.
* I personally answered 6,904 constituent emails, one at a time
* I responded to 352 paper mailed letters from Portlanders
* My staff documented resolution of 241 telephone calls to our office
* We answered 33 inquiries submitted via this web site
* We solved problems for 19 citizens who came to our office as walk-ins
* We gathered 1,580 pairs of socks, 47 blankets, and 5 cans of soup, mostly from City employees, and delivered them to organizations supporting people experiencing homelessness
* I participated in 1,632 of the 1,643 items on the Portland City Council agendas. I missed only one Council meeting, when I was in England for my mother's 80th birthday.
* I took 12 weekdays off, took zero sick days, and attended events on 52 weekend and holiday days.
* I participated in 286 community events.
In my first two years, I have attended events in 85 of Portland's 95 Neighborhood Associations. I hope to visit the remaining 10 by the end of the year. With the Bridgeton weeding party on the triangle at N Marine Drive/N Gantenbein this past weekend, I have participated in neighborhood-led hands-on volunteer service projects in 90 neighborhoods.
Web site statistics comparing 2009 and 2010 were previously posted here.