Week of 3/14/2010 through 3/21/10
* Meeting with Nichole Maher, Executive Director of the Native American Youth & Family Center (NAYA) and Marcus Mundy, President/CEO of the Urban League of Portland
* Meeting with Jim Francesconi, PCC President Preston Pulliams, and Kristin Watkins, VP, Institutional Advancement, regarding funding for scholarships at PCC
* Budget Work Sessions: Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. Wednesday afternoon's was canceled because Council ran long.
* Monthly Meeting, Keith Witcosky and Paul Slyman, Portland Development Commission
* Monthly Meeting with Dean Marriott, Director of the Bureau of Environmental Services
* Meeting with Sue Keil, Bureau of Transportation, regarding sewer-bike synergistic funding
* Basic Rights Oregon, Marriage Matters Campaign Video Interview
* West Portland Crossroads Meeting
* Interviews for new Scheduler
* Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods Meeting
* City Council sessions: Wednesday morning (ran to 3:30 p.m.) and Thursday afternoon
* NW Labor Council Breakfast. I hate breakfast meetings - I don't think clearly before 9, and I am always worried about my alarm not going off so I wake up multiple times during the night before early meetings. The same used to happen when I worked day shift in nursing. I am so much more an evening person. Still, the people at the NW Labor Council are really nice, and kind to someone struggling with such challenges. I promised to go back next year.
* Graffiti Summit
* David Olson, Office of Cable (etc.) Monthly Meeting
* Monthly meeting with Lisa Turley, Director of the Bureau of Emergency Communications
* Travel Portland's “Green Familiarization Tour” Reception
* Google publicity stunt, which didn't come off as hoped - we'll try again.
Dinners at Home: Thursday, Saturday and Sunday