Week of 8/3/09 - 8/09/09
* Meeting with Dan Bates, City's Government Relations director, reviewing past legislative session and planning for the 2010 session
* Attended signing ceremony for the State Healthy Kids insurance program by Governor Kulongoski at OHSU
* Meeting with Robert Liberty, Metro Councilor. Discussed housing target numbers for Portland.
* Met with Larry O-Dea, Assistant Police Chief, regarding tort claim review process on Council agenda Wednesday morning
* Portfolio Bureau Directors monthly lunch
* Alan Hipolito, Verde, Winston Sandino, PBOT, and Pedro Moreno, Cully Green Street contracting process
* Neighborhood Night Out parties - I stopped by Lents, Centennial, Argay, Parkrose Heights, and Hazelwood
* City Council hearings Wednesday morning only
* Met with Beth Slovic, Willamette Week reporter, regarding expenses charged to our City account
* Meeting with Linda Nettekoven, Hosford-Abernethy neighborhood, reviewed mostly citizen involvement and planning issues
* Regular meeting with Lisa Turley, Bureau of Emergency Communications
* Russellville Gala Celebration, celebrating five years and the opening of a new wing
* Friday through Sunday, I was long-scheduled to be out of town with my family. We were going to go to the desert, but the desert heat came to us last week so we went the coast instead. It was delightful and de-lovely.
Dinners at home: All but Tuesday.