Week of 7/13/09 - 7/20/09
* Saturday and Sunday 7/11 & 7/12, I was out of town attending the wedding of a dear neighbor, and Wednesday I was off attending to family business
* Regular monthly meeting with Maria Lisa Johnson, Human Relations
* Regular monthly meeting with Ken Rust, Office of Management and Finance
* Meeting with City Auditor LaVonne Griffin-Valade and Deputy Auditor Drummond Kahn regarding proposed Audit schedule
* Regular monthly meeting with Commissioner Leonard
* Meeting with Bureau of Planning & Sustainability Chief Planner Joe Zehnder regarding the Portland Plan process
* Phone meeting with State Representative Tina Kotek regarding implementation of state Health Care Insurance for Kids
* Meeting with Dean Marriott and Mary Wahl, Bureau of Environmental Services, on proposed Johnson Creek floodplain purchases in Lents
* Meeting with Portland Women's Crisis Line staff
* Meeting with Sisters of the Road Cafe staff and Citizens Action Group members regarding the community dialogue meetings
* Meeting with Eryn Slack, Unite HERE Local 9 union organizer, regarding fair wages/Labor Peace in proposed PGE Park development
* Speaker at Alliance for Community Media Annual Convention. I was given a leii by the delegates from Hawaii - awesome!
* Community meeting regarding Shared Public Spaces, Street Access For Everyone process, and desired outcomes in services for people living outside. About 70 people attended and I was very happy with the dialogues. Thanks to all who came, and especially to staff and the Resolutions NW volunteer facilitators
* Attended HomePDX church
Dinners at home: ALL! Wow, first time this year I get to spend every evening of the week at home with my family. And with my laptop computer and hundreds of constituents keeping me company via email, of course.