Week of 6/29/09 - 7/05/09
* Monday, I took the day off to help my daughter celebrate her 19th birthday. "Help" involved taxi driver duties and liberal use of my credit card to buy clothes. We both enjoy these activities.
* Meeting with David Knowles, former Planning Director, regarding catching up
* Meeting with Michael Powell, Powell's Books, regarding getting acquainted
* Listening session at Citywide African American Coalition lunchtime meeting
* Gave out awards at SW Neighborhoods Inc. Annual Volunteer Recognition
* City Council session on Wednesday morning. It was be a short meeting (a welcome change) since Mayor Adams and Commissioner Fish were absent so no issues requiring four votes were heard. I became President of the Council by rule of rotation, after nomination by Commissioner Saltzman and second by Commissioner Leonard. I ran the meeting in the Maypr's absence. It took 20 minutes. More difficult than it might appear on TV, getting the order of roll call-vote-gavel right.
* Meeting with former Commissioner Charlie Hales
* Meeting with former Mayor Tom Potter
* Meeting with Les Shannon, campaign volunteer last year, regarding catching up and homelessness issues
* Meeting with Anabeth and Jessica of HomePDX church regarding the Sidewalk Obstructions law and SAFE process community meetings
* Meeting with Tom Miller, Mayor's Chief of Staff, and other staff regarding Last Thursday on Alberta
* City Offices CLOSED on Friday in observance of the July 4 holiday
* Neighborhood party and parade in the Beaumont-Wilshire neighborhood Saturday morning
* Volunteer at Oregon Blues Festival merchandise tent, Saturday afternoon
* Annual Pathetic* Legal Fireworks Show viewed from Fritz family driveway, Saturday evening. * Note: I am informed by my spouse and older son that it is not in the least pathetic! Better than ever this year! This after my husband made a timid plea to be allowed to go watch the Blues Festival fireworks to take photographs, a motion that was sternly vetoed by our offspring.
Dinners at home: Every one except Tuesday! Wow! See what a good influence my children being home for the summer is having....