5/4/09 - 5/9/09
* Met with Doub Obletz regarding Rose Quarter proposals
* Met with Frank Dufay on Private For-Hire regulations proposal
* Visited with Matt Sten's social studies classes at Madison High School
* Reception for Archbishop Desmond Tutu at University of Portland, where I chatted with various co-attended. The Archbishop didn't come to the event, but he spoke at the lecture following on Reconciliation, and it was an experience I shall never forget. A truly great and blessed man.
* Council work session on Portland Development Commission's Urban Renewal Areas budgets
* Monthly lunch with bureau directors
* Meeting with Portland's representatives on the Mount Hood Cable Regulatory Commission
* Meeting with representatives of Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Dr. Michael Gaeta, Anne Naito-Campbell, Judy Carroll
* Meeting with City of Portland employees Working Mothers group
* Visited with East Portland Neighborhoods district leaders in Hazelwood
* Meeting with BES Watershed Services Group
* Returned phone call from Beth Slovic, Willamette Week
* City Council sessions Wednesday morning
* Met with Mark Bello, President of City Of Portland Professional Employees Association (COPPEA), and with Matt Farley, City Attorney's office. Resolved union grievance filed last June, before arbitration hearing that had been scheduled for Friday, to the satisfaction of Anna Kanwit, Deputy Director of Human Resources.
* Called legislators (left message for House Speaker Mary Nolan, spoke with Representatives Jules Kopel-Bailey and Mitch Greenlick), regarding funding health care insurance per the Healthy Kids initiative. Still working on it.
* Attended last half hour of Human Rights Commission meeting, to celebrate the Mayors Proposed Budget and invite participation in discussions of Street Access For All/Sidewalk Obstructions process.
* Spoke with Multnomah County Commissioner Jeff Cogan regarding kids health care and rental car taxes. Commissioner Cogan chairs the Human Rights Commission.
* Spoke with Martin Gonzales, Portland Public Schools Board Director, after the Human Rights Commission, regarding us both being newly-serving in our roles.
* Met with David Olson and Mary-Beth Henry regarding Wireless Facilities in the Right-of-way upcoming hearing, fees, and upcoming audit report publication.
* Dress for Success Auction, spoke with Ray Miles regarding Private for Hire transportaton proposals (she works for Broadway Cab and happened to attend the event)
* Marched in St Johns Parade, spoke with Metro Councilor Rex Burkholder regarding their Solid Waste Neighborhood Cleanup program.
* Cut the ribbon at SCRAP's Grand Opening Gala (School and Community Reuse Action Project).
* Rose Haven women's shelter fundraiser
I was out of town on Friday, helping my daughter decide where she wants to go to college in the fall.
Dinners at home: Tuesday, Friday, Sunday