Week of 4/26/09 - 5/2/09
* 4/26/09 HOMEPdx picnic, downtown side of Hawthorne Bridge, 12:30 p.m.
* 4/27/09 9:30 a.m. Met with Roy Jay regarding his quest for telephone tax equity. I responded that the City first must prove to taxpayers we are spending existing revenues wisely.
* 4/27/09 10:30 a.m. Met with incoming City Auditor LaVonne Griffin-Valade regarding her goals, and Public Campaign Financing
* 4/28/09 12:30 p.m. Met with Kathryn "Stoop" Nilson, Patrick Nolan, Olivia Johnson regarding the Sidewalk Obstruction ordinance
* 4/28/09 2 p.m. Met with Israel Baer Managing Director of Street Roots, regarding the paper's expansion and direction.
* 4/28/09 Budget meetings with Mayor Adams
* Met with City Attorney staff regarding Sidewalk Obstruction Ordinance, and about COPPEA (union) grievance arbitration hearing
* 4/30/09 11:30 p.m. First Citizen award to Bill Schonely, Portland Metro Area Realtors lunch
* 4/30/09 2 p.m. Met with Small Business Advisory Council members Martin Medeiros (Chair) & Dwayne Johnson (Vice Chair) regarding the City's support for small business and SBAC
* 4/30/09 2:30 p.m. Met with Scott Langley (Asforth Pacific) and Gwenn Baldwin (Lloyd District Partnership) on Headquarters Hotel
* 4/30/09 5 p.m. Elders in Action Auction and Dinner
* 5/1/09 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Attended "Building University-Community Partnerships" symposium at PSU - Representative Blumenauer's speech and the lunch keynote. Skipped the rest due to needing to celebrate with ONI Staff and make congratulatory phone calls to other bureaus regarding budget decisions.
* 5/1/09 1 p.m. League of Women Voters Action Committee - speaker on what it's like in City Hall, plus discussion on Public Campaign Financing
* 5/1/09 6 p.m. Attended Oregon Schools 5th Annual Celebrating Student Success Banquet at the Oregon Convention Center
* 5/2/09 No Ivy Day - pulled in Gateway with Linda Robinson, then headed with sore muscles to Forest Park for celebratory event
* Attended "Dinner and a Movie" Spring Fling fundraiser
* Oregon Partnerships dinner fundraiser. Oregon Partnerships assists schools, communities, and parents in strengthening healthy kids and families through alcohol and drug awareness programs
Dinners at home: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday