3/29/09 - 4/4/09
* Annual Oregon American Israel Public Affairs Committee Dinner, Mittleman Jewish Community Center
* Meeting with Nuin-Tara Key and other PSU students, to talk about neighborhood planning in West Portland Park
* Meeting with Commissioner Fish regarding Permit Center consolidation
* Phone call with Jack Hoffman, Mayor of Lake Oswego
* Attended Human Rights Commission meeting
* Call from Bill Bradbury, former Secretary of State, regarding the Columbia River Crossing rally on Sunday
* Meeting with Portland Business Alliance: Bernie Bottomly and Mike Kuykendall, regarding downtown Business Improvement District, Sidewalk Obstruction Ordinance, and Service Coordination Team code enforcement
* Meeting with staff from bureaus providing non-emergency information and referral phone services, to review potential changes needed or desired in relation to budget decisions
* Speaking with students at PSU (two events)
* Neighborhood Livabity In Old Town lunch with Officer Jeff Myers and other staff
* Meeting with Gale Castillo and other staff of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, regarding Small Business Technical Assistance program in relation to City budget
* Welcome commente at Neighbors West Northwest/Sisters of the Road Cafe for citizen advocacy training
* Visit with Central Northeast Neighbors coalition board
* Trip to Salem to lobby with legislators against HB 2405, a bill that would pre-empt local regulation of some Internet/phone services
* Meeting with Mark Bartlett and Paul Leistner, citizen activist
* Meeting with Dr. Dapo Sobomehin, Director of Operation Easy assistance to high-risk youth
* Meeting with Councilor Norman Thomas of Troutdale, who serves on the Mount Hood Cable Regulatory Commission
* Meeting with PSU group (RAPP) working on police-community relations
* Meeting with Andrew McGough of Workforce Solutions, Inc.
* Lunch with Nancy Chapin, who goes to even more Neighborhood Association and Business Association meetings than I do. She won the lunch at the Lloyd District Community Association auction.
* Meet-and-greet at the Bipartisan Cafe, 7901 SE Stark, Saturday 4/4/09 from 2 - 3:30 p.m.
* Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association annual dinner at the Convention Center. My friend and neighbor Steve White died of ALS a couple of years ago.
Number of dinners at home with family: 2 of 7