* I met with Richard Beetle, Business Manager for Laborers Local 483, regarding strategies to save jobs while cutting the City's budget
* I received briefings on purchasing contracts and City Human Resources policies, from staff
* I met with Brad Howton, Hayden Island business community member interested in the Office of Healthy Working Rivers
* I met with my bureau directors at our monthly lunch. We talked about budget strategies and the process for community meetings
* I was briefed on the Commission on Disabilities, including the voluntary emergency registry and the accessible parking downtown issue
* I met with Ed Hall, Portland Fire Fighters Association Local 43, regarding the Cancer Presumption legislation at the State Legislature
* I continue to meet with staff on the Office of Healthy Working Rivers
* I attended the meeting of the Human Rights Commission at the Office of Human Relations on N. Vancouver Avenue
* I was briefed by Bureau of Transportation Director Sue Keil, on the proposed replacement for the Sellwood Bridge
* I talked with Robert Liberty, my Council colleagues, and attended the Project Sponsors Council,on the Columbia River Crossing bridge
* I met with Travis Williams of Willamette Riverkeepers, with consultant Len Bergstein and property owner Jay Zidell, and with Mike Houck and Bob Sallinger of Audubon, on the Office of Healthy Working Rivers.
* I met with Maria Lisa Johnson, director, and staff from the City Attorney's office, regarding the Office of Human Relations and why it was structured as a City entity
* I learned more about my responsibilities and available technology in the event of a citywide emergency
* I met and caught up with many wonderful people at the Black History Art Show event, after hours on Thursday
* I goofed and missed the Gala and Silent Auction benefitting the Multnomah Art Center in SW Portland. I forgot to check my calendar, and had in my mind it was next month. Sorry, SW folks.
* I attended the farewell for departing Planning Director Gil Kelley, on the 31st floor of the John Ross building in South Waterfront.