1/19/09 - 1/25/09:
* I was a peace monitor at the Sisters of the Road Cafe annual MLK Day march.
* I continued to meet with staff in all my bureaus, and others who are giving me advice on the structure of the Office of Healthy Working Rivers.
* I met with the directors of all my bureaus, to discuss the directive from the Mayor and the Office of Management and Finance that we cut 2.5% from this year's budget, through June 30.
* I talked with Mara Gross, staff from the Coalition for a Livable Future, regarding the Columbia River Crossing bridge. I am Mayor Adams's alternate on the Project Sponsors Council.
* I attended the Office of Neighborhood Involvement all-staff meeting, and the ONI Budget Advisory Committee meeting. ONI is looking at cuts of 16 - 18%, due to the level of one-time funding for programs that Council chose to allocate in previous years.
* I met with Jeff Miller of Travel Portland (formerly Portland Oregon Visitors Association), to hear more about their programs.
* As the Commissioner in charge of the Office of Cable Communications and Franchise Management, I participated in a press event at City Hall to inform citizens about the switch to digital television.
* Monthly check-in meeting with Commissioner Saltzman.
* As the Commissioner in charge of the Office of Neighborhood Associations, which covers the Portland Commission on Disabilities, I participated in the "People First" event on Thursday (details on calendar).
* I attended the Friends of Trees event at The Nines Hotel. Chatted with staff from the Bureau of Environmental Services and Portland Parks & Recreation.
* I met with staff from the Mayor's office, to discuss how Neighborhood Associations might become more engaged in sustainability initiatives.
* I attended the Planned Parenthood Annual Roe v. Wade commemoration on Friday evening.
* I met with Mayor Adams to discuss his plans.