POL Government Elected Officials Commissioner Amanda Fritz Links
Garbage containers in the Right-of-Way and in Parks

UPDATE 11/13/14: Please contact the Solid Waste and Recycling Hotline 503-823-7202.


Original post:


Litter containers in streets may be provided by individual businesses, a business district, TriMet, or other entities.  Concerns about maintenance should be directed to the owner/operator.


To find out who is responsible for a particular trash can, call Debbie Yost in the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability first, at 503-823-7631.


If you cannot get in touch with her, call the BPS general hotline, 503-823-7202.  The staff in BPS will help them determine the jurisdiction over the can and the next steps. 


If you know it is a TriMet container, call their Customer Service number at 503-962-2444


Or, determine whether it is maintained by a contractor or through a volunteer group (they have an Adopt-a-Stop program). A customer service representative at TriMet's administrative offices can answer this question, at 503-962-7505.


The TriMet adopt-a-stop program allows groups to empty/maintain trash cans.  Michelle Wyffels takes care of this program, at 503-962-2180.


Contractors maintain the rest of TriMet's containers. Angie Corbin is the person to call if you have problems with these containers, at 503-674-6907.


Kevin Veaudry Casaus in the Bureau of Planning & Sustainability will try to help you if there is a garbage container that needs special attention or if you would like to suggest a new location for a container. His number is 503-823-5545.


Garbage issues in Parks can be reported at http://www.parkscanpdx.org/.


Table of Contents
Amanda for Portland 2012
Amanda's old blog
American Sign Language interpetation for meetings
Apply for stormwater discounts for having/planting trees on your property
Capital Improvement Projects
City Budget Information
City Contacts
City of Portland Job Openings
Code Complaints
Community Conversation on SE 3rd & Harrison Site: Discussion Highlights
Community Conversation on SE 3rd & Harrison Site: Discussion Highlights
Community Garden toolkit
DOJ Community Oversight Advisory Board Applications Available Now
Email addresses of City Council members
Emergency information
Food Carts and other Vending Carts
Foreclosure help
Garbage containers in the Right-of-Way and in Parks
How to find out which Neighborhood you live in
How to find your State Senator and Representative
How to report potholes
How to report river/creek water quality concerns
Independent Police Review (IPR) process information
Information About Lights on Utility
Land Use Reviews - a primer for neighborhood land use chairs
Liquor Licensed establishment complaints
Mental Health Care urgent care
Neighborhood Association contacts
Non-emergency Police Report form
Peak Oil Task Force Report
Report Parks facilities Needs
Reporting illegal dumping
Resources for Citizen Involvement
Sidewalk Cafe questions/complaints
Sidewalk Vending Cart Application Packet
Testimony Tips
Transportation and Street Services
Who does what in City Government