POL Government Elected Officials Commissioner Amanda Fritz Links
How to report potholes

In Portland, call the Pothole Hotline at 503-823-BUMP (2867).


Listen to the recording and be prepared to provide some basic information, including the location of the pothole, nearest cross street, your name and contact information, and the time and date of your call.


The Hotline is checked daily. Upon receiving a report, a staff member determines that the street is in fact a Portland-maintained street. It would be a violation of City policy for the program to repair a pothole on a non-maintained street or a street that is the responsibility of another city, the County, or the State.


Pothole repair crews are given their lists each morning and work their way around the city in assigned geographic areas. Crews aim to investigate every pothole on city maintained streets within 48 hours of being notified, although weather, emergencies, and other work demands can sometimes require response times longer than 48 hours.


If weather or other conditions prohibit a permanent thermal patch repair, a cold patch repairs the immediate hazard and crews follow up the emergency repairs with permanent repairs during warmer and drier periods.


To report a pothole in other jurisdictions outside the city of Portland, use the following numbers:


Clackamas County - 503-650-3262

Multnomah County - 503-988-5050

Washington County - 503-846-7623


Beaverton -503-526-3709

Gresham - 503-618-2525

Lake Oswego - 503-635-0280

Milwaukie - 503-786-7600

State highways and Freeways - 503-283-5859

Table of Contents
Amanda for Portland 2012
Amanda's old blog
American Sign Language interpetation for meetings
Apply for stormwater discounts for having/planting trees on your property
Capital Improvement Projects
City Budget Information
City Contacts
City of Portland Job Openings
Code Complaints
Community Conversation on SE 3rd & Harrison Site: Discussion Highlights
Community Conversation on SE 3rd & Harrison Site: Discussion Highlights
Community Garden toolkit
DOJ Community Oversight Advisory Board Applications Available Now
Email addresses of City Council members
Emergency information
Food Carts and other Vending Carts
Foreclosure help
Garbage containers in the Right-of-Way and in Parks
How to find out which Neighborhood you live in
How to find your State Senator and Representative
How to report potholes
How to report river/creek water quality concerns
Independent Police Review (IPR) process information
Information About Lights on Utility
Land Use Reviews - a primer for neighborhood land use chairs
Liquor Licensed establishment complaints
Mental Health Care urgent care
Neighborhood Association contacts
Non-emergency Police Report form
Peak Oil Task Force Report
Report Parks facilities Needs
Reporting illegal dumping
Resources for Citizen Involvement
Sidewalk Cafe questions/complaints
Sidewalk Vending Cart Application Packet
Testimony Tips
Transportation and Street Services
Who does what in City Government