East Side CSO Tunnel Project
Date: June 30, 2011
Contact: Debbie Caselton, 503-823-2831 or email@example.com
Pipelines and Outfalls
Opening the overflow pipelines from the outfalls to the tunnel is one of the final phases of the East Side CSO Project. This work will allow the combined sewer flows into the tunnel. Work will be done from Monday through Friday, 7am to 6pm. You will see above-ground work at various locations between now and project completion:
- Outfall 28 (SE 18th and Insley): Work continues at this intersection and will be closed to mid-July to divert flows to the Insley shaft.
- Outfalls 33 through 35 (SE 2nd and Clay to Morrison in the Central Eastside Industrial District): There will be some lane restrictions and periodic intersection closures beginning mid-July through August.
- Outfall 36 (SE MLK and Alder): Street and sidewalk restoration will close SE Alder Street from MLK to 3rd Avenue and south on SE 3rd Avenue for several more weeks.
- Outfall 37 (SE 3rd and Alder): Manhole work will begin on July 5 and will last about a week.
- Manhole 37-1 (SE 3rd and Washington): Work will continue at this site until mid-July.
- Manhole 38-2 (SE 3rd and Oak): A manhole extension is being set on SE 3rd Avenue north of Oak Street which will continue to close SE 3rd from Oak to Pine with local access on the north end through August.
- Outfall 41 (“Peanut Island” between Rose Quarter and Steel Bridge): Work will continue in preparation of diverting flows to the shaft in this area for several more weeks. There will be lane restrictions and increased truck traffic entering and exiting the site.