Speakers Program is a service of the Bureau of Development Services that’s designed to provide public information about BDS programs, services and development-related codes.
New Presentation topics include:
- Accessory Dwelling Units – Learn about the Zoning and Building Code issues involved in creating a second dwelling unit on a lot with a house.
- Buyers Education – How to research essential information about permit history, land use, and zoning requirements before buying property.
- Design Overlay Zone – Introduction to the purpose, regulations and process of design review.
- Environmental Overlay Zone - Introduction to the purpose, regulations and process of environmental review for property with environmental zoning.
- Land Divisions - Overview of the requirements and process to divide land, including lot design, public services, and tree preservation.
- Lot Confirmations and Property Line Adjustments – What are legal lots and lots of record? Steps to confirming lots and altering the location of property lines.
- Residential Permit Process - How to successfully complete the building permit process for new homes and remodels.
The Speakers Program is a great opportunity for the bureau to partner with neighborhood, business, development and educational groups to provide updated and relevant information they want to know about. It’s us bringing the classroom to you.
Visit the BDS Speakers Program at: http://www.portlandonline.com/bds/speakersprogram for more information.
Please review our Code of Conduct rules before posting a comment to this site.
Report Abuse, please include specific topic and comment for the fastest response/resolution.