At locations throughout the city, Bureau of Planning staff and facilitators will be presenting basic information about the Portland Plan, using a variety of methods and formats to provide Portlanders with information so they can give informed feedback on the anticipated scope of the project.
The meetings will cover:
• What is a comprehensive plan?
• What does the process of updating a comp plan look like?
• What is the city responsible for? The County? Metro?
• What are the current trends, conditions and issues facing our community?
• What are your issues?
In preparation for the May and June meetings, the public is encouraged to review the following documents on the Portland Plan website http://www.portlandonline.com/portlandplan for a description of the conditions, trends and issues affecting us all:
• Assessment Introduction
• Central Portland Plan Assessment
• Comprehensive Plan Assessment
• Periodic Review Evaluation
View May and June 2008 Public Engagement - Meeting date, time and location
The public is also invited to read the Public Engagement Strategy and send their comments on any of
the documents to Christine Appleberry, Public Involvement Coordinator; 503-823-9907; e-mail: