POL Government Elected Officials Auditor Mary Hull Caballero Divisions Office of the Ombudsman Other resources
Contact Information
Office of the Ombudsman
1221 SW 4th Ave, Rm 320
Portland, OR 97204
phone: 503-823-0144
fax: 503-823-3530

Follow the Ombudsman's Office on Twitter: @PDX_Ombuds


Information and referral to social services in your area.

Filing a discrimination complaint.

Personal injury or property damage claims against the City.

Call (503) 823-400 for information and referral for all City of Portland and Multnomah County services.

Make a complaint about a specific Department of Community Services program or service.

The Small Business Ombudsman within Oregon’s Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) serves as an advocate for small businesses throughout the state by investigating and resolving complaints and disputes involving DEQ’s regulatory activities.

The Governor's Advocacy Offices includes: Department of Human Services Ombudsman, the Children's Ombudsman, the Foster Care Ombudsman, and the DHS Client Complaint or Report of Discrimination Process.

A service of the Governor’s Office that connects members of the public with appropriate state agencies or offices.

A division of the State of Oregon’s Department of Consumer and Business Services’ Oregon Insurance Division that addresses complaints about insurance companies or agents and answers questions about health, automobile, homeowner and renter’s insurance.

The Manufactured Communities Resource Center (MCRC) program provides confidential an​d neutral help in resolving disputes, promoting open communication and maintaining a positive environment. The MCRC supports landlords and tenants.

The Metro Accountability Hotline, administered by the Metro Auditor's Office, gives employees and citizens an avenue to report misconduct, waste or misuse of resources in any Metro or Metropolitan Exposition Recreation Commission facility or department.

The Auditor's Good Government Hotline was established to provide Multnomah County employees and the public at large with a method of reporting concerns about suspected fraud, abuse of position, and misuse of county resources.

Report government fraud, waste, or abuse.

Contact Oregon Health and Science University's Patient Relations if you have not been able to resolve your concern after having first discussed it with your healthcare provider.

Oregon's Long-Term Care Ombudsman is a free service available to residents, families, facility staff, and the public. The program serves residents in nursing facilities, residential care facilities, assisted living facilities and adult foster care homes.

​The Office of the Ombudsman for Injured Workers is the state office that serves as an independent advocate for injured workers by helping them understand their rights and responsibilities, investigating complaints, and acting to resolve those complaints.

Oregon’s Small Business Advocate, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State, assists businesses that believe they’ve been subject to unreasonable or unfair state regulatory actions.

If you are interested in learning more about the ombudsman function in general, you may go to the U.S. Ombudsman Association's web site.