BUREAUS TO LOCATE OPERATIONS IN CITY OWNED FACILITIES
Binding City Policy
The Council finds:
1. The City owns and controls various facilities
throughout the city.
2. City bureau operations require space to conduct business.
3. The City currently leases or rents space in
facilities owned by others to accommodate some bureau space requests and needs.
4. The City desires to maximize its investment in City
owned facilities by maintaining full occupancy and providing for City bureau
space needs in house.
5. It is in the City's best interest to occupy City
owned facilities to the fullest extent possible, and to not lease outside space
unless the City bureau space needs cannot be reasonably met, and the outside
lease is approved by City Council ordinance.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- City bureaus shall locate operations in City owned
or controlled facilities when these facilities reasonably meet the business
needs of the bureau.
- The Chief Administrative Officer or his designee is
directed to not approve new leases or rental agreements or renewal of
existing leases or rental agreements for facilities owned by others unless
such agreement is approved the City Council.
- This is a binding policy of the Council and shall be recorded in the City Policy Document.
Ordinance No. 179682, passed and effective October 19, 2005.