MEDIA PARKING PERMIT
Administrative Rule Adopted by
Bureau of Transportation Systems Management Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
1. As authorized by Code section
16.20.610, a media permit allows parking in any area designated by the
2. To be eligible for this permit the
applicant must be a (n employee of a) radio or television station or a newspaper
with daily circulation. Permits must be gathered for news purposes only.
3. Permitties must observe restrictions/conditions of
4. The Permit may contain the following rules:
a) The permit must be clearly displayed in lower
center of the windshield when services performed.
b) This permit remains the property of the City of
Portland and must be surrendered upon demand by any authorized officer.
c) It is unlawful to display this permit in any
vehicle other than that for which it is issued, and then only when the vehicle
is parked as specified on the permit.
d) If permit is lost or stolen, there is a $15
replacement charge per permit.
5. This permit may not be used in addition to time on
6. The Bureau may deny requests for permits or impose
such limitations, as it deems necessary.
7. Permits are issued by Mail Only.
8. Permits are issued annually and fees
are prorated based on purchase dates as follows:
a) 1/1-3/31: $100 per permit
b) 4/1-6/30: $75 per permit
c) 7/1-9/30: $50 per permit
d) 10/1-12/31: $25 per permit
9. In addition to any penalty imposed by
the court as a result of a citation, violations of this permit will be penalized
a) 2nd violation: 10 days suspension of permit
b) 3rd violation: 30 days suspension of permit
c) 4th violation: revocation of
10. Failure to surrender a suspended permit within 10
days of the date notification of suspension will result in cancellation of that
permit for the remainder of the year.
11. Continued noncompliance may result in an examination
of whether future permits will be issued.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 5, 2003.
(Re-indexed by City Auditor October 2005 - formerly indexed as