1. The IPR Director shall solicit applications for appointment to the CRC from the Office of Neighborhood Involvement, the seven Neighborhood Coalition offices, Mayor and Commissioner’s offices, PPB advisory committees, and the general public. ( Portland City
Code Section 3.21.080.A.1).
2. The City Auditor shall appoint a committee that shall recommend to the Auditor the appropriate number of nominees to fill impending vacancies. The committee shall consist of three CRC representatives, either past or not applying for reappointment, two members of the community, and the IPR Director. Three of the committee members, including one CRC representative and the Director, shall serve as the interview panel. (PCC Section 3.21.080.A.2)
3. Selection criteria shall include an established record of community involvement, passing a criminal background check performed by the IPR, and absence of any real or perceived conflict of interest. The Mayor and commissioners may each submit an applicant who may be given preference over others of equivalent background and qualifications. (PCC Section 3.21.080.A.3).
4. The Auditor shall recommend nominees to Council for appointment. (PCC Section 3.21.080.A.4). Council shall review applications of nominees to the Committee and vote whether to approve each appointment. (PCC Section 3.21.100.A.).
5. In the event a majority of the Council fails to appoint a person recommended under the provisions of City Code Section 3.21.090 the IPR Director and the CRC shall initiate the process again within 30 days after Council action. (PCC Section 3.21.080.A.5).
6. In selecting CRC members, consideration shall be given to the current composition of the CRC and appointments should be made that will cause the group to best reflect the demographic make-up of the community. (PCC Section 3.21.080.A.6).