POL Government Elected Officials Auditor Mary Hull Caballero Divisions Independent Police Review About IPR Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if a complaint is not sustained?

After a full investigation is completed and findings are determined, the person who filed the complaint and the officer who was the subject of the complaint will receive a letter explaining the decision.  Either a community member (when an allegations is not sustained) or an officer (when an allegation is sustained) has the right to request an appeal to the Citizen Review Committee (CRC).  If no appeal is filed within 30 days, the case will be closed.
If a request for appeal is received, a Case File Review will be set to determine whether any additional investigation is need before before the appeal. Every appellant has the ability to request the assitance of an Appeal Process Advisor(APA) to help them with the appeal process. Outside volunteer groups, such as the National Lawyer's Guild are also available to provde assistance to community members.