(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 166575, 170923, 179141, 181507, 181914, 182345, 182935, 184628, 185036, 185785, 186096 and 186394, effective December 19, 2013.)
A. A vehicle with an official disabled person registration plate, while transporting a disabled person, or a vehicle while transporting a person with an official disabled person placard issued by a state Department of Motor Vehicles, may park:
1. In any space designated for a vehicle with a disabled person parking permit for any amount of time (subject to on-street storage regulations);
2. In any metered or nonmetered space with a designated time limit of 30 minutes or more for any amount of time without fee; or
3. In any metered or nonmetered space with a designated time limit of less than 30 minutes for a period of time not to exceed the designated time limit with fee, if applicable, except in any space reserved for special types of vehicles or activities; e.g., truck loading zones, carpool zones, area parking permit areas.
B. A vehicle with a program placard issued under ORS 811.607 may park as provided under ORS 811.637.
1. Unlawful use: if a person is not a disabled person and is not transporting the holder of a disabled parking permit to or from the parking location and the person uses a disabled parking permit to exercise parking privileges under this Section, that person commits unlawful use under Oregon Revised Statutes.
2. Misuse: if a driver uses a disabled parking permit for any purpose other than exercising the privileges granted, the driver commits permit misuse under Oregon Revised Statues.
D. A vehicle with an official disabled persons permit issued under ORS 811.602, 811.603, 811.604, 811.605, 811.606, 811.607, 811.608, and 811.609, or by the authority of another state, may park as provided under ORS 811.637.
1. Invalid use of a disable persons parking permit occurs if:
a. Driver uses a disabled parking permit that has been previously reported lost or stolen,
b. Has been altered, was issued to a person who is deceased at the time of the citation,
c. Has not been issued under ORS 811.602, or by the authority of another state,
d. Is a photocopy or other reproduction of a permit,
e. The permit is displayed without the permit number and expiration date clearly displayed
F. Parking privileges for vehicle parking utilizing Section 16.20.640 will be extended under Senate Bill 716 Section 7 (3). All regulations within this Section will be granted and enforced; this Section will expire on June 30, 2014.