ADMINISTRATIVE RULES FOR DISCHARGES TO THE CITY STORM SEWER AND DRAINAGE SYSTEM
Administrative Rules Adopted by Bureau of Environmental Services Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
Link to Full Text of Administrative Rules (PDF Document, 70 kb). What follows is the Table of Contents and an excerpt from the administrative rules:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
4. Regulatory Authority
5. Inspections and Site Entry
6. Spills and Releases
7. Sample Collection and Evaluation
8. BES Discharge Permits and Authorizations
9. Source Control Measures or Plans Required
10. Reporting Requirements
12. Enforcement Tools
13. Penalties and Cost Recovery
14. Administrative Review and Appeal
These are the administrative rules for the Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) Discharges to the Storm Sewer and Drainage System.
These rules apply to any current or requested discharge into the City’s storm sewer and drainage system that is regulated under Portland City Code (PCC) Chapter 17.39.
These rules are implemented in conjunction with the BES Administrative Enforcement Rules, Portland Policy Documents (PPD) Item ENB-4.15, and support the following City and BES Stormwater Discharge Program goals:
A. Facilitate and ensure compliance with applicable PCC provisions, rules, and policies;
B. Prevent harm to human health, public safety, the environment, and City assets;
C. Maintain City compliance with all state and federal environmental regulations, programs, and permits, including the City’s:
1. National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Discharge Permit; and
2. Water Pollution Control Facilities (WPCF) Permit for Class V Underground Injection Control (UIC) systems.
Adopted by Director of Bureau of Environmental Services September 20, 2013.
Filed for inclusion in PPD September 20, 2013.