(Amended by Ordinance No. 185568 and Resolution No. 36939 (approved at November 6, 2012 election); effective December 5, 2012.)
A. The Revenue Bureau shall be supervised by a Director who shall report to the CAO. The Revenue Bureau consists of the divisions of Business Solutions, License and Tax, Operations, Regulatory and the Office for Community Technology. The Revenue Bureau is responsible for collecting a wide variety of City revenues and fees, and maintaining and improving the systems that collect them. The responsibilities of the Bureau shall include, but are not limited to:
1. Manage all billing and collection software used by the Revenue Bureau including, but not limited to, maintenance, defect troubleshooting, problem resolution, development, enhancements and upgrades.
2. Support end users in diagnosing and resolving system problems.
3. Conduct business and system process improvements.
4. Manage, enforce and collect business license taxes.
5. Manage, enforce and collect transient lodging taxes.
6. Manage, enforce and collect the Arts Education and Access Income Tax.
7. Manage and enforce all regulatory programs formerly the responsibility of the Bureau of Licenses, including the authority to enact administrative rules and regulations.
8. Manage and collect assessments and liens formerly the responsibility of the Auditor’s Office.
9. Perform business management functions including mail processing, receipting and distribution; and perform overall financial accounting of bureau revenues.
10. Audit functions including thePortlandarea business license tax returns, transient lodging taxes and internal systems and processes, as well as other special audits as deemed necessary.
11. In consultation with the requesting bureau, recommend systems for new revenue or fee collection services.
12. Manage funds as assigned.
13. Manage, administer and enforce such responsibilities as are assigned to the Office for Community Technology by City Code or the Council, and
14. Perform such other duties as may be required by ordinance or by the City Council, or which are necessary to implement the purposes of this Chapter.
B. To the extent any other provision of the Portland City Code conflicts with this Section 3.15.060, this section shall control.