BES FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Administrative Rules Adopted by Bureau of Environmental Services Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
Link to Full Text of Administrative Rules (PDF Document, 112 kb). What follows is an excerpt from the introduction to the administrative rules:
Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) Financial Assistance consists of programs related to deferring regulations and providing financial assistance through loans and payment deferrals.
A. Programs. The following BES programs have financial program assistance:
1. Mandatory Sewer Connection Program (ENB-4.18); and
2. Nonconforming Sewer Connection Program (ENB-4.27).
B. Types of Assistance. BES offers the following types of financial assistance:
1. Sewer connection deferrals;
2. Installment payment and deferred payment loans for sewer connection fees and system development charges; and
3. Installment payment loans for private plumbing costs related to sewer connection.
The BES Financial Assistance programs are intended to advance the following City goals and objectives:
• Support and promote private economic developments and community reinvestments.
• Preserve the financial integrity of the City’s sanitary sewer utility.
• Minimize the financial impact of system improvements on utility ratepayers.
• Facilitate property owner compliance with sewer connection and pollution control requirements.
• Minimize any hardships and dislocations caused by sewer connection requirements.
Link to Full Text of Administrative Rules (PDF Document, 112 kb).
Adopted by Director of Bureau of Environmental Services December 3, 2012.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 3, 2012.