CENTRAL EASTSIDE PARKING METER DISTRICT AND ASSOCIATED AREA PARKING PERMIT PROGRAM
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. The City of Portland’s Title 16.20.420, Determination of Meter District Boundaries, allows establishment of a parking meter district with proper public notice and hearings, and approval by this Council.
2. The City of Portland’s Parking Meter District Policy recognizes parking meters as the most effective tool available to support economic vitality by managing the supply and price of on-street parking, which facilitates parking turnover, improves traffic circulation, encourages use of off-street parking, and promotes the use of active transportation modes.
3. To support and encourage the Central Eastside Industrial District’s (CEID) growing economic vitality, the City, with the help and guidance of the Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC), undertook the Central Eastside Parking Management Plan (CEPMP) to ensure that access and parking will keep pace with the district’s expanding needs.
4. The CEPMP establishes the area of the permit and meter districts as encompassing the entire CEID as defined in the City of Portland’s Central City Plan, and is bounded by I-84 on the north, SE Powell Boulevard on the south, Willamette River on the west and the west side of SE 12th Avenue on the east. This expands the current Zone G APPP.
5. The Bureau's level of confidence in the cost estimates for this program is moderate.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. Portland Bureau of Transportation to implement the Central Eastside Parking Meter District and expand Zone G Area Parking Permit Program.
Ordinance No. 185471, passed by City Council June 27, 2012 and effective July 27, 2012.