A. The Portland Housing Bureau will review and approve or deny applications consistent with ORS 307.621.
B. Applications which satisfy the requirements of Section 3.103.040 will be scored as part of a competitive process. Applicants must demonstrate additional public benefits beyond the threshold requirements in their applications. Additional benefits may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Affordability in addition to threshold requirements described in Section 3.103.040 for rental projects or units available for sale below prices for comparable properties in the area;
2. Applicant’s demonstration in its MWESB and community engagement plans of how the project will help Portland Housing Bureau achieve the vision contained in Portland Housing Bureau’s Guiding Principles on Equity and Social Justice;
3. A portion of or all units fully “accessible” to persons with special needs and of established accessible design features at both unit and site level;
4. Family sized units in areas lacking housing units with two or more bedrooms, with appropriate family friendly amenities;
5. Access to grocery stores, schools, day care, etc.;
6. Quality gathering space available to the community at large; and
7. A portion of units reserved for and an established partnership with an agency to provide services to vulnerable populations, including but not limited to youth who have transitioned or are transitioning out of foster care.