A. It is unlawful for any person to obstruct or cause to be obstructed any roadway, curb or sidewalk by leaving or placing, any object, material or article which may prevent free passage over any part of such street or sidewalk area. This Section does not authorize any action in violation of any other Title or regulation.
B. It is unlawful for any person to erect or cause to be erected any structure in, over or upon any dedicated street area, except that Director of the Bureau of Transportation may, based on findings of necessity, grant permission for walls, fences and steps, that otherwise comply with the Code of the City. Also, on buildings whose front is located on the property line, the Director of the Bureau of Transportation may allow decorative facings, certain types of utility meters, utility valves, and other utility appurtenances, to extend into the street area an amount that does not interfere with the public use of said street. The Director of the Bureau of Transportation, upon determining a public need for areas occupied by such walls, fences, steps, facings, or utility meter valves and other appurtenances, may revoke said permission and the property owner or utility will be required to remove them from the street area.
C. It is unlawful for any person to erect or cause to be erected any sign in, over, or upon any public right of way. For the purposes of this section, sign shall be defined as provided in Title 32.
D. This Section shall not apply to:
1. Any use, sign, or structure for which a permit has been issued or which is erected under authority of any Title;
2. Motor vehicles lawfully parked pursuant to City Regulations;
3. Barricades placed by or with the approval of the Director of the Bureau of Transportation or the Traffic Engineer; nor
4. Temporary closures and occupancies pursuant to this Chapter.
5. Merchandise in the course of delivery may be placed on the sidewalk while actively loading and unloading for not longer than two hours provided that the provisions of City Code Section 14.50.030 Sidewalk Use are complied with.