A. As part of the Neighborhood Emergency Team Program, the Director is authorized to:
1. Create Neighborhood Emergency Teams (NET) and define the qualifications for membership therein;
2. Develop written processes and procedures governing the conduct of members;
3. Conduct or cause to be conducted such inquiries or investigations into the fitness of an individual to serve as a NET member that the Director believes are necessary and appropriate;
4. Conduct or approve of ongoing training for NET members;
5. Designate certain NET members as team leaders for the purpose of supervision;
6. Dismiss or remove NET members.
B. When acting as agents of the City, NET members are entitled to defense and indemnification pursuant to ORS 30.285.