MARKET SATURATION FACTORS
Administrative Rule Adopted by Private for Hire Transportation Board of Review Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
A. In determining if market saturation exists for any specific LPT industry under 16.40.200.A, the Bureau will consider the following factors:
1. Data specified in the Final Report recommendations of the latest Demand Study.
2. The total population of Portland based on population statistics as provided by Portland State University (PSU).
3. Travel patterns with regard to the level of dependency on public conveyance based on passenger statistics as provided by Tri-Met, as well as the status of other ground transportation providers.
4. The number of airline passengers flying in and out of Portland International Airport (PDX).
5. The number of conventions and convention goers in Portland based on statistics as provided by Travel Portland.
6. Current number of operational LPT vehicles per industry type in Portland's regulatory jurisdiction.
7. Any unforeseen social, economic, or other circumstances that create an unexpected demand or lack of demand for that particular LPT industry type of vehicle.
B. The factors listed in subsection 16.40.200-01 A above do not apply to pedicab and limousine transportation providers.
C. The burden of proof for the necessity of additional LPT vehicles rests with the applicant.
Reference: City Code Chapter 16.40 Private For-Hire Transportation Regulations.
Adopted by the Private for Hire Transportation Board of Review October 14, 2009 as Administrative Rule No. PFH 16.40.200-01.
Renumbered by City Auditor and filed for inclusion in PPD October 21, 2009.