FY 2008-09 MAJOR SUPPLEMENTAL BUDGET FOR THE GRANTS FUND
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Bureaus were not permitted to carry grant funds over from FY 2007-08 to FY 2008-09 in the fall budget monitoring process because of the SAP implementation. Bureaus must now carry grant funds over in the winter budget action instead.
2. In addition, several technical adjustments related to the SAP implementation must be made to the Grants Fund budget.
3. The size of these budget amendments requires the City to prepare a major supplemental budget, as defined by ORS 294.480. In accordance with the provisions of Oregon State law, the City submitted a proposed major supplemental budget for the Grants Fund to the Tax Supervising and Conservation Commission (TSCC) on February 17, 2009.
4. The TSCC held a public hearing on the proposed major supplemental budget on March 2, 2009.
5. The FY 2008-09 major supplemental budget for the Grants Fund must now be adopted by Council to become effective.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2008-09 major supplemental budget for the Grants Fund is hereby adopted.
b. Appropriations are hereby made for the Grants Fund for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2008 as listed in Exhibit 1
(Grants Fund Appropriation Schedule). This appropriation schedule replaces the previous schedule adopted by Council on November 12, 2008.
c. This ordinance is binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because amendments to appropriations, resources, and requirements must be implemented without delay; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
Emergency Ordinance No. 182571, passed by City Council and effective March 4, 2009.