A. All private for-hire transportation vehicles must be:
1. Kept clean;
2. Kept in good appearance and good repair;
3. Properly equipped, including but not limited to carrying a standard first aid kit and a fire extinguisher;
4. Kept in a safe condition; and
5. Equipped with all pollution control equipment originally installed by the manufacturer.
B. The use of tobacco products are prohibited in any for-hire transportation vehicle. Signs detailing this prohibition must be displayed in each taxi, shuttle and SAT vehicle in a form and manner as described in administrative rule.
C. The Administrator has the authority to demand that a for-hire vehicle be made available for inspection within 48 hours notice. Authorized City personnel have the authority to inspect any for-hire vehicle at any time if the vehicle:
1. is within the City limits;
2. does not have a passenger inside; and
3. is parked in the public right of way or on public property.
D. If the Administrator determines that the vehicle violates any provision of Section 16.40.380 A., the Administrator may issue a civil penalty and set a deadline of not less than 48 hours in which the vehicle must be in compliance. If the vehicle is not in compliance at the time of the deadline, the Administrator may suspend the vehicle permit until the violations are corrected.