A. No permitted driver shall:
1. Allow another person to use his/her driver’s permit;
2. Drive or allow another person to drive a for-hire transportation vehicle without a valid driver’s license;
3. Operate any for-hire transportation vehicle while consuming, or while under the influence of alcohol, or in a careless or reckless manner or in a manner contrary to the laws of this City or the State of Oregon;
4. Operate any for-hire transportation vehicle while consuming, or while under the influence of illegal drugs;
5. Operate any for-hire transportation vehicle if impaired by any legally-prescribed or over-the-counter drugs;
6. Use a for-hire transportation vehicle in the commission of any crime;
7. Use profane or obscene language offensive to the passenger while operating a for-hire transportation vehicle;
8. Smoke any substance or use tobacco in any form inside a permitted vehicle, unless it is a pedicab;
9. Allow any passenger to smoke any substance or use tobacco in any form inside a permitted vehicle, unless it is a pedicab;
10. Defraud a passenger in any way;
11. Be discourteous to a passenger;
12. Refuse to issue a fully completed receipt for a fare paid if one is requested; or
13. Drive passengers to their destination by any other than the most direct and safe route, unless requested to do so by the passenger.
B. In addition to the prohibitions in Subsection 16.40.340 A. above, no taxicab driver shall:
1. Charge a fare higher than that authorized by Chapter 16.40 for passenger transportation; or
2. Refuse to transport to his requested destination any passenger of proper demeanor who requests services or is assigned by a taxicab service company when the taxicab is not already in service, and who is able to demonstrate the ability to pay the fare.
C. The Administrator has the authority to investigate any and all complaints concerning possible violations of Chapter 16.40 or administrative rules adopted hereunder and to fine accordingly if a violation is found.